Sunday, December 20, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday...and my Christmas wish to you...



Welcome to my Vintage Christmas Monday post... I have had sooo much fun at this party hosted by sweet Joan at Anything Goes Here... please be sure to visit Joan to see her vintage treasures and also a list of all the participants... she has worked hard to make this a fun blog party that we will all never forget... thanks Joan! I also want to say thank you to a very special blogger friend of mine... Marydon at Blushing Rose... Marydon read my post one Monday about almost all of my family's treasures my mama and daddy gathered over their lifetime being stolen by the man who was selling my daddy's house for him, and how my heart still aches over that... Marydon found this precious vintage snowman ornament for me and sent it to me with her wishes that it helps ease my loss over these treasured ornaments and the precious memories they held... and starts new family memories for me... It already has! It is hanging in the very front of my all~vintage decorated tree, even the little old string is still attached that it once hung from...these things mean so much to me... I always post how I feel about these treasures that once belonged to someone else who has now passed on, and how I know they must be looking down with love at their treasured keepsakes and smiling, remembering so many happy times at Christmas... I believe they know how much I love and take care of these things...how could anyone not believe this... just envisioning their happy memories makes me smile... Marydon, you are an angel here on earth!... Merci!...



I wish we had more Mondays... I didn't get all of my vintage Christmas photographed for this year...but here are some more of my treasures... I hope we do it again next year... I hate goodbyes... I hope we visit each other again very soon!... next are my little PINK deer from the 50's... they are some of my favorites!...


I had alot of extra smaller ornaments from the 40's and 50's that I had no more room on our trees for, so I took my 50 percent off coupon to Michael's and bought this apothecary jar to put them in... I love how they look!...

Jack's step~dad made him this wreath almost fifty years ago... the lights are kind of "iffy" about working, so I lit it for this photo and we will wait to light it again until Christmas Eve...

More of my little kneehuggers... they all wanted to give you a "group hug"... tee hee hee!...


I love my Santa wall hanger ... it is pre~WWII and after all these years still plays Silent Night...


Gurley candles from 1950, made in the good old USA back then... reproduction ones today are made in Viet Nam... so sad no longer American made...

My jingle bells marked 1942...


A pretty little battery operated tree from the 50's...


My favorite box of mini Shiny Brite ornaments... love the box too... look inside...



The inside has cut outs shaped like the ornaments for them to rest in...



A pretty tree topper angel from the late 50's...

Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus tree topper from the same time period...



Cute little elf package tie~ons... I really should use these...


My little lighted church "Made in Japan"... making it pre~WWII as well...


And last, my Christmas wish for you my friends...



Merry Christmas!... Bisous...








25 comments:

Marsha (Sassy Mini Dolls) said...

Oh, Julie, I've so enjoyed seeing all your vintage ornaments. That Santa wallhanger is fabulous!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Marsha

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

Oh Julie...no wonder you were sore several weeks ago after getting out all of your decorations...you have a ton! What fabulous treasures and thank you again for sharing them with us! I would pay admission to see them in person! lol

Your pink deers are fabulous and they look a little Frenchy to me...sigh!

Love the apothecary jar with your vintage ornaments...the colors are divine and the wreath that Jack's step-dad made all those years ago is so special. I could go on and on but just know that I think you have the most spectacular collection I have ever seen!

Love and hugs!
Karyn

Tamerie Shriver said...

I just love seeing all your ornaments. I really love the bottle brush trees. (That is something I don't have any of, nor does my mother. Bummer!) I bet your house is an enchanted wonderland of beauty and warmth! So much to see and to appreciate. It's all lovely, Julie Marie!

Hugs,
Tamerie

Vicki said...

Hello, Julie Marie,
Your vintage Christmas always transports me back in time. I can almost see our tree and home in the 1950's as it was decorated for Christmas and waiting for a visit from Santa. The vintage card is so very beautiful!! Thank you for sharing with us, and I, too, hate to see the vintage Christmas come to an end. I hope you all continue it next year. I am wishing you and Jack a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years. Love to you! Vicki p.s. Julie, I think you definitely have some Texan in you. Anyway, we will certainly adopt you as an official fellow Texas gal!!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Julie Marie...
Happy Pink Saturday sweetie. I love this post. I love the little pink deer, those are just precious. So very precious. I also love the knee huggers. I want to start looking for some for me. I remember them as a child, I know we had them in our home. I would love to get one. I am going to start watching for them.

Thanks again for sharing. Your bulbs are just beautiful, your cards are so elegant. Oh my, you have many things here that are so beautiful. I love it.

Please stop by and say hi. I would love to share my pink post with you. Country hugs and much love sweetie...Sherry

Duchess of Tea said...

My darling I wish you and yours all the joy, love, hope, blessings, peace, laughter, miracles, good health and boundless wealth during this holiday season and always.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Kelly Ballard said...

Merry Christmas to you, sweet Julie marie,

My favorites are those pink reindeer! I've always dreamed of having an all pink and turquois Xmas tree. The only problem is that it wouldn't match my house.

Have a great weekend baking. You are so ambitious!

Kelly
Second Hand Chicks

Bunny, The Paris House said...

Hi Julie Marie, You have truly the most amazing and special collection of holiday decor! I love the wreath and the glass jar filled with ornaments is so stunning. You should send pictures of your collections to a magazine , I bet they would be interested in doing a story on you and them!! I also just adore the picture on the card at the bottom of your post so beautiful.
Have a great weekend
Bunny

Couture de Papier said...

Beautiful..I love Christmas vintage you'll love my blog giveaway...Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Julie Marie,
Oh what wonderful vintage decor you have and all in such great condition. I love the sweet pink little deer. They are precious.
Those ornaments in the original shaped box are really special.

What a darling wreath for Jack made by his step dad. What a keepsake!
Like a step back in time to see these wonderful pieces. Your home is lovely and your heart for old things is a treasure.

The card is so pretty. Merry Christmas to you my dear friend.
Love to you, Celestina Marie

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

Beautiful Julie Marie, I know your house must be very pretty at this time of year.

I wish you a wonderful and Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year, blessings to you as we celebrate the birth of our Saviour, Maureen....

June said...

I have loved every one of your vintage Monday posts.
I have never seen such a wonderful collection anywhere! I esp. love the ones that still have their original boxes.
Christmas Hugs from June and TT Rabbit!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Julie, I love your Christmas decor so much! Those deer are so cute! I just love deer figurines. I just bought one from my friend Jenn and it will be on my next blog post. Everything looks so festive and pretty in your home! I wish I could come and see it in person!
Love you sis!
Amy

Iva said...

what lovely decorations!

Salone Di Petros said...

Beautiful decorations pink reindeer my favorite Thank You for sharing Sincerely Jonny

Six divided by two..... said...

I love your vintage Christmas. The pink reindeer are too fab!!! Just say the word and I can have my earrings off in 1.2 seconds...lol. LYLAS- misty

Marydon Ford said...

My sweet Julie Marie ~ Your collections are FABULOUS, sweetie! The deer are PINK! (SQUEAL!!), & I've not seen pink ones before. The little Gurley's I have, also ... what memories flood when I take these little keepsakes from yore out each year. 'Precious memories ...' remember that song..................

I'll bet you get as emotional, at least mentally as do I with an occasion wet eye, as you hold these beauties. How lucky you are to have so many lovelies, sweetie.

Today is a new bright glorious day ... the sun has risen over the horizon bringing a breath of beauty anew ... smother yourself in this pleasure God has given us once again, my sweet friend.

Huggers, TTFN ~ Marydon

Judi said...

I love them all and especially the little mini Shiny Brite shaped ornaments ~ Judi

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh Julie, Julie, you surround yourself with so many beautiful things! I love it all, but especially that little box of ornaments and that little church. And the kneehuggers. And the PINK deer!! Well, I did say that I love it all! Sure am going to miss VCM ;0)
Happy VCM and Merry Christmas!
Carol

Ana said...

Oh Julie Marie,
I did enjoy looking at all your beautiful vintage Christmas decor. They are in such wonderful hands and I know that they will always be taken care of very lovingly. Those knee hugging elves are the cutest. I remember one year, as very young girls, my oldest sister and I received a very long Christmas pencil and at the end of it it had a little elf's head that looked just like the ones you have. I think she probably still has hers. Such sweet memories. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I love your little white reindeer, and I remember having a battery operated tree similar to yours when I was little. I don't remember it when we were teens, so we probably broke it at some time. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Blessings,
Marcia

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Julie, I have enjoyed so much seeing all your wonderful vintage Christmas collection. You have some beautiful things, Those pink reindeer from the 50's are so cute. I remember my mom had Pink cats, and I've seen pink dogs. Just darling. You could have carried this whole party yourself!
Hugs and Christmas Blessings,
Debra

Jeni said...

I am CRAZY about your Shiny Brite ornaments. So pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Short and Sweet said...

I really enjoyed viewing your treasures for today especially the pink deer. You have some very nice vintage pieces to treasure in the years to come. Thank you for sharing. And to answer your question, I'm not sure what kind of doll she is...Toni, Revlon??????
Loretta

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

So many neat things about this post. The sweet gift from Marydon! The cute little deer. The fun Shiny Brites in their special box. The sweet wreath! And the unusual colors on your bottle brush trees.

You have been a very important part of Vintage Christmas Mondays! I know you have visited and left
sweet messages for everyone! Thank you!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! xo Joan, your hostess