Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Woodland Christmas...


Welcome to our home... I love to decorate for Christmas and try to use every single decoration I have collected throughout my lifetime... Christmas is such a magical time of year, it is only right that these treasures get to make their yearly appearance!... Today I am posting our woodland decorations (some of them anyway, I won't attempt to photograph them all!)... A berry wreath is a tradition for our front door... please come inside!...


Our living room is one of my favorite rooms in our home... it is a bit crowded, as I said before, I don't like to part with things, so we use just about everything we own!... Here is our woodland Christmas tree... (do you have trouble photographing a whole tree like I do???)...It is filled with all kinds of little critters, squirrels, raccoons, bears, wolves, foxes, bunnies, birds, every kind of little critter you can imagine...

It would not be the woods without Little Red Riding Hood...


I made sure the big bad wolf was not TOO close by... plus, he is a nice, friendly wolf, I can tell by the look on his face...


I used to have a favorite store for many years called The Nature Company... it has been closed for a number of years now, so sad... most of my little hand carved wooden Nature ornaments came from there... a beautiful Snowy Owl...

I LOVE my little chipmunk...


This bear doesn't hibernate until after Christmas...


Another one of my favorites is this little tree froggie...


A happy raccoon...


A beautiful moose...


If you have read my blog much at all, you know how Nature plays such an important part in my life... Jack and I take our approximate three mile Nature walk every morning, and it is my favorite part of the entire day...we live in the foothills in our little rural town, and see many of God's beautiful creatures on our walks... As Christmas approaches, I hope you too will take the time to notice the beauty of Nature and all He has created... Bisous...

P.S....Today I received a beautiful surprise gift in the mail from sweet Marie Antoinette in Mississippi... she sent me a package full of beautiful Christmas carols cds... Merci sweet Marie!... I will so enjoy them all!...

17 comments:

  1. Julie, your woodland tree is gorgeous and so fitting to have so many of God's creatures adorn it!

    They are all so beautiful and you must spend hours and hours preparing and decorating with all of your lovely Christmas treasures, thank you for sharing them with us!

    Love, hugs and Toby kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming tree! All the little critters are so precious! I like that berry wreath!

    Have a wonderful evening!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    P.S. LOL the security word is bear LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so pretty! I love the shape of your tree and cute little ornaments. My mom also really gets into Christmas. She already changed her ringtone on her phone to a Christmas song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me smile, Julie Marie! I know how much you love 'critters' and your tree is just perfect!!

    Now, please tell me you do not see bears or wolves on your walk...

    Happy Thanksgiving, sweet lady!! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie Marie

    I love seeing all your animal ornaments. Thanks so much for sharing a glimpse into your lovely home with all of us.

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Hugs,
    Tamerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Julie!! I absolutely adore this tree!! I am a huge nature lover as you know and I just adore the idea of a woodland tree! Afterall, so many of my favorite animals reside and rely in trees! I cant wait to show this to my boys tomorrow, they will love it! I might have to do something like this for them! My son Edison loves frogs and will adore that cute froggy ornament :) I love moose, raccoons, squirrels, bunnies and on and on...Love this!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to my sweetest sister!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 'nature' tree Julie Marie. I imagine that these have got to be some of your very favorite ornaments. That berrie wreath is beautiful on your door. I love wreaths and like to put them everywhere.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't see you before!
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ornaments so much, Julie Marie! You know, I agree with you so about walks and their enjoyment. I am so happy my husband will be home the next four days to walk with me in the morning and at night too.

    Hey, I received Christmas CDs from the ever sweet Marie too. They will be even more special now knowing you and Marie will be listening to the same songs as we here in this little maison this weekend and up until Christmas! Enjoy your Thanksgiving. I'm off to get ready for my walk in town, I'll think of you ;)
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful Christmas decorations. Wishing you and your family a happy thanksgiving.

    Karen

    P.S. I love that photo of you when you were a little girl, and the quote about "you are all the ages you have ever been", this is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Julie,
    Your delicate spirit is such a blessing to me. You make me happy just reading about your life, the daily walks with your husband and the beautiful way you see the world. You are amazing Julie and I thank God for bringing you into my life.
    Happy Thanksgiving dear friend :)
    Much love, Jo-Anne & dog kisses from Jessy
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your froggy and your blog!! I am now a follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Julie Marie~I'm strolling in to catch up and especially to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving!
    It's such a wonderful time to stop and reflect on all those we cherish and are truly grateful for.
    Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to visit and leave feeling inspired!

    Even though our Thanksgiving is very small in number, with hubby and son (we don't count the cat cause she doesn't like turkey). We don't scrimp on the menu...from appetizers to desserts with several carb loaded dishes in between! We will be enjoying tryptophan playoffs too!

    Sweet Holiday wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too Cute. Christmas time is my favorite for blogland, I love to see what everyone does. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, that tree is just perfect for you! My hubby would like it too. I love the little chipmunk too as it reminds me that was the very first thing my father bought for me after I was born...a stuffed chipmunk!
    Take Care!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your woodland Christmas tree. I know how much you love nature and all of God's creatures...so this tree is absolutely perfect for you. Love it.

    Hugs,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dear, you sure are the Holiday decorating queen....the little woodland creatures really do showcase your love of the great outdoors, when the snow is so high that you cannot leave your home...you just have to look at that tree and pretend you are outside...it is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your woodland tree, Julie Marie! The little red riding hood and wolf are darling! I just put up a tree very similar in style in our dining room and it is my 'bird' tree. And yes, it is difficult to get a picture of a whole tree - even the slender ones!... Donna

    ReplyDelete