Friday, November 27, 2009

Second Hand Chic...

This morning after my morning coffee and morning online shopping, I decided to visit a darling vintage shop I just found out about, where else, but through my blog!... I visited Kelly at her blog Second Hand Chicks for Vintage Christmas Monday this past week... I fell in love with the photos on her blog of her shop, and decided to check her profile to see if she sold on line... I couldn't believe it! Her shop is located in Salt Lake City, Utah, just about 25 miles from my little town of Centerville!... I was ecstatic and knew I must visit her today for her open house and sale!...


I was greeted by her adorable assistant Caitlin, who welcomed me and assisted me with my treasures...


Then I got to meet Kelly, the shop's owner, and it was like visiting again with a dear friend you haven't seen in a while... Kelly has such a bubbly personality and we chatted and laughed and had sooo much fun!... we both agreed we are addicted to blogging... and I couldn't wait to get home and post about her shop!...

I will let the photos of her shop do most of the talking, as I think they speak for themselves...




She has such a variety of wonderful vintage items... one of my favorite spots in the shop was the wall of old photographs... I stood there and looked at all of them for so very long,. wondering about these people and what their lives had been like, and why their family didn't keep their precious photographs...




Another favorite part of the shop (I loved the WHOLE shop, but certain areas made me very emotional)... is her display of religious items...



I spent several hours there, and had such a wonderful time and brought home so many beautiful treasures... I will post pictures of my findings in a future post... Kelly was so gracious and sent home many little extra goodies for me as well... Merci sweet Kelly!... If you live in or near Salt Lake City, Utah I hope you will visit her shop "Second Hand Chic" located at 2006 South 900 East... If you do not live close enough to visit her shop, please visit her blog Second Hand Chicks... be sure to tell her Julie Marie sent you! ... Bisous...



16 comments:

  1. Oh, lucky you! Thank you so much for sharing her shop and your trip with us today!!!

    I'm off to visit her blog!

    I sent you an email :)

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    It was so great to meet you today. Thank you so very much for the sweet post about the shop! I hope you enjoy all your treasures and hopefully we will see you again soon.

    Thanks again,
    Kelly and Caitlin
    The Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to spend your day!! I love Kelly's shop and need to get there!! Somehow! Am dying to see what you bought. I will visit her blog as well.

    BTW, you look beautiful in the picture!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Julie Marie ~ I LOVE LOVE that little pink tree!!!

    What a wonderful shop to visit, she has so many items that catch the eye. Bet you did have a good time.

    All the decorating I am going to do is done. Joshua liked it, the wee ones will enjoy it for our gathering this weekend.

    Tomorrow we go to meet Gov. Huckabee, he is doing a show locally. WOO-HOO! I am so excited.

    Have a wonderful eve ... Dec. 1st I'll post my decorations.

    Hugs ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I am so jealous! I want to meet you and give you a big hug and shop together!! I bet you two had so much fun :) I cannot wait to see what you bought!
    Love you sweetie,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, what a great and fun shop! Wish we could hop through blogs and be there ourselves.:) Thanks for the tour, lots of wonderful vintage finds. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like heaven on earth to me! What an amazing shop Julie! How fun too that you got to meet one of your blog buddies! I can't wait to see the goodies you bought!

    You are so gorgeous sweet friend!

    Love and hugs,
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice that her shop is close to you! I love it when things like that happen. It looks like a very cool shop, with lots of great treasures. I am now off to check her online shop out. Thanks for sharing your great find!

    Hugs,
    Tamerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie Marie...
    I so love your visit to Kelly's shop. I have already popped over to her blog and told her hello. Her shop is absolutely devine. I love it. I am so anxious to see what goodies you bought though.

    As always I have so enjoyed my visit. Can't wait to see what you post next. Thanks for sharing your trip with me my friend.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Julie Marie for bringing us this charming shop. Don't you love those vintage white handbags?
    When I come to Salt Lake next, I will be sure to look this shop up.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a wonderful shop, I could feel my feet dancing to get there. I haven't been out looking for so long, I think I need to make adetour today.I love that you included a beautiful picture of the two of you.Can't wait to see what you acquired...I always feel terrible when I see pictures left behind also and recipes.Hugz sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Small world you know...lucky you to have such a treasure that close to you!! I am off to visit her blog, thanks for sharing your visit with us....looks like it was tons of fun!!
    Enjoy the rest of your day!!
    XoXo Nerina :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be going in this week and will tell her that you sent me. I now need to enlarge your photos to do a little pre shopping. Thanks for the information. Can't wait to see what you found.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool shop! Love the chandeliers in there!!!
    Take Care!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mon rêve, habiter aux USA et acheter plein de belles choses et meubles et fauteuils pour les mettre dans une grande maison, quand je rentre à Paris, je laisse beaucoup de rêves, c' est trop cher pour ramener ..............
    Bise de NEILL

    ReplyDelete