Monday, July 27, 2009

Back by Popular Demand...

Apparently when I interviewed Pico, my sister Jill and her family's little Yorkie for my "Dog Days of Summer" post, he wasn't quite though "yapping" about how he spends these hot summer days...

With a quizzical look on his face, he asked if he might say "just one more thing Aunt Juju"???? How do you say no to a face like that...

Pico divulged: "I must admit I like to spend my days in the family room at home, a cold drink at my side, playing the slot machine... Julie and Jill's aunt Betty rescued me from the dog pound in Santa Fe on the day I was scheduled to be, well you know, ... and their uncle Tony named me Pico Nin, which means "little one" in Italian, (Tony was Italian)... I guess since they all took a "gamble" on me, it must be in my blood! Any way you look at it, I hit the "jackpot" being rescued and coming to my wonderful home! So, even on "dog days" I am one "lucky" dog! "

Thank you sweet Pico for sharing more of your happily~ever~after story. If you would like to see more of Pico (he is not shy) please visit my sister Jill's shop http://www.indiansummer.com/pico.htm (That is Pico's own page, he even gets fan mail there!) I love you Pico!


3 comments:

Karyn - (French Charming) said...

Ahhh...sweetest post ever! You're melting my heart!! Pico Nin is so stinkin cute!! Great story and I love, Love, LOVE the photos!!!!

There is so much love waiting at our animal shelters...thank you for rescuing adorable Pico and giving him a happily ever after that almost never was.

xoxo
Karyn

alicew said...

Awww...Pico is too cute...seriously how could you say no to that face? And what an adorable name too!

Jeni said...

What an adorable story. You have a way with words.

Wishing you a wonderful week!